New edition of the Award-Winning guide!
Al Siebert, PhD, and Mary Karr, MS
168 pages, $15.95 + shipping
© 2016 Practical Psychology Press
Visit the AdultStudent.com web site for more information
We are proud to announce that The Adult Student’s Guide was picked by the (now defunct) Black Expressions Book Club as a Fall 2010 member offering.
eBook versions of The Adult Student’s Guide will soon be available! Check with your local independent bookshop or these outlets:
- ASG/6 – PDF – at eBooks.com – (6th edition currently. 7th edition PDF available soon!)
- BarnesandNoble.com – (6th edition currently. 7th edition Nook/ePub version available soon!)
- www.indiebound.org – (paperback edition available now, other formats added as they come online.)
- Amazon Kindle (6th edition currently. 7th edition Mobi/Kindle available soon!)
(Also available at other online ebook retailers.)
If you haven’t been in school for a while, you probably feel nervous and have doubts about your ability to succeed in college. Guess what? We felt the same way when we first started!
Table of Contents
- Lots of Help Is Available (Read it Online here or go to AdultStudent.com)
- Fears and Concerns: How to Confront and Overcome Them
- How to Choose Your Program, Get Financial Help and Become Oriented
- Actions That Lead to Success in College
- Online Learning
- The Best Way to Study
- How to Get High Grades on Tests
- How to Write Excellent Papers
- Learning Styles and Teaching Styles: How to Influence Instructors
- How to Gain Support and Encouragement from Your Family
- How to Balance Going to College with Working
- How to Handle Pressure Well
- Resiliency in a World of Non-Stop Change
Includes Activities, Index, Additional Readings and Online Resources.
- “This text has proved to be exactly what our students need. We are a two-year Ag and Tech college in the SUNY system, and as such, we have many adults who are re-training after downsizing. I also incorporate information from Siebert’s The Survivor Personality in our discussions. No other textbook comes close to the practical needs of our students.”
- Kathy Sellars, Adult Students Services
State University of New York – Morrisville
- “This is a practical book for helping students achieve a balance between their already existing life and the demands of attending college.”
- Earl J. Gintner, Ph.D.
Journal of College Student Development
- “This book is phenomenal! I haven’t taken classes for years but I’m getting all my papers in on time, getting A’s in my courses, and still have time for everything else!”
- Mary Rotvold, student
- Read More Quotes / Testimonials