The Survivor Personality Manual: Guidelines for Self-Managed Learning in the School of Life
(A personal learning plan based on The Survivor Personality – 2010 edition)
Coilbound, 86 pages
©2010 Practical Psychology Press
Table of Contents:
- 1. An "Owners Manual"
- 2. What is Resiliency?
- 3. How Resilient are You?
- 4. Disadvantages of Being Exceptional
- 5. Benefits from Developing ResiliencyQualities and Abilities
- 6. Strengthening Your Inner "Selfs"
- 7. Overcoming the Good Child Handicap
- 8. Playing with Curiosity: Self-Managed Learning
- 9. Learning from Experience
- 10. Increasing Mental and Emotional Flexibility
- 11. The Competitive Edge
- 12. Problem Solving Strategies
- 13. Holding Up Under Pressure
- 14. Converting Negative People into Teachers
- 15. Developing Empathy and Compathy
- 16. Handling Angry Feelings in Healthy Ways
- 17. Thriving in a Changing World
- 18. Shifting from Job Descriptions to Professionalism
- 19. Guidelines for Thriving During Job Loss and Job Search
- 20. Illness as a "Wake-Up-Call"
- 21. Surviving Emergencies and Crises
- 22. Surviving and Thriving in Extreme Conditions
- 23. Recovering from Horrible Experience: From PTSD to PTG
- 24. Developing Your Talent for Serendipity
- 25. Our Transformation
- Progress Review
- Appendix Guidelines for Listening to Survivors of Extreme Experiences